Sunday 24 July 2011

Emulators Everyday!

Ever get the urge to play Crash Bandicoot at 2am after great night out with friends? Well, I did. And that's what spurred my hunt of the best Playstation 1 emulator for all my nostalgic musings. For those out there who aren't familiar with Emulators, to put it simply, they are computer programs that emulate or mirror the workings of the game console that you wish to play. Before you get too excited, i must note though that Mac users won't be able to use the Playstation emulator, but may choose from an assortment of Gameboy, NES, SNES and Arcade ones.




  1. I went to the CoolRom website
  2. Installed the ePSXe emulator on my Windows desktop (One might need some assistance here)
  3. Downloaded Crash Bandicoot 3




and thus begun my late nights with Crash. It was quite difficult to play on a regular keyboard, seeing as how i lack in the dexterity needed to perform such moves as the sliding jump with my left hand so i went out and got myself one of those cheap dual shock controller plug-and-play knock offs for P200 at my local computer shop and the rest is history.


(Compatible with most operating systems, USB peripheral)


(or you can also opt to buy this Playstation controller to USB cable if you have controllers lying around)

(this is a neat controller you can get off of Amazon for playing NES games)

Since then, i've downloaded a number of games such as Pepsi Man, Bust A Move 2 and Tekken 3 and the 7 year old kid in me was very pleased.
(Not to mention the hundreds of NES and Gameboy games I have on my laptop as well, for those excruciatingly long breaks in school.)

Disclaimer: I do not advocate piracy in anyway, and these are all just suggestions merely for entertainment purposes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment