Sunday 24 July 2011

Dexter's Laboratory


               
One of my fondest memories growing up was watching Dexter’s Lab! It was really one of those shows I never really got tired of, especially the first couple of seasons. One of my favorite episodes has got to be LABretto from I think season 2, if Wikipedia does not serve me wrong. One of my fondest memories about that episode specifically was actually reenacting some of those songs together with my older sister. I’ve gotta say we were such cuties singing those songs!
 
                Looking at it now, I see Dexter’s Lab to be one of those timeless classics; I would be surprised if I met anyone who wouldn’t get at least a bit excited at the mention of Dexter’s Lab. I for one would get incredibly excited at the mention of this show! I really would religiously watch this every day before, it would play as I was getting ready for school early in the morning, it was practically part of my routine at some point. I even remember having an awesome toy of Dexter, he had his own mech and everything, I actually fell kinda bad for giving it away, I honestly really loved that toy (as childish as that may sound).



To its credit also; I think it’s the first cartoon I ever watched which had its own movie, or at least a cartoon I was s eager to watch. I still remember being given a VCD of it when I was young, and wanting to watch immediately, being the impatient kid that I was. Ego Trip, I still remember that’s what it was cool. I still remember thinking to myself these exact words, “This is so awesome!” Although I was at that age in my life that everything thrown in front of me was “awesome”, but the Dexter’s Lab movie was a special exception, I really meant what I said. Years after getting that VCD, I know there was a time I really kept searching my house for that VCD just watch it again. Thinking about it now, I think I’m gonna go download it right now to watch it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment